Sunday, April 24, 2011

Optical Illusion

This is an oldie, but a goodie!  Students traced and cut out one shape on two colors of construction paper, yellow and either white or brown if they want a chocolate rabbit.  They added features to the yellow shape to make it look like a duck, and to the white or brown shape to make it look like a rabbit.  They glued the two shapes together and then added the following poems on each side: 

My little yellow duck
Is really very funny,
For when you turn him over
He is an Easter Bunny!
 and:

  Little Easter Bunny
You show the strangest luck,
For when I turn you back again
You are a yellow duck!



                                                                       
I like to hang them from our strings so that you can see both sides!  They looked so cute hanging from the ceiling, and the kids loved making them!   

1 comment:

Toni McGuffey said...

My daughter recently told me that these are called "dunnies!" Who knew?