Saturday, August 4, 2012

5 Days of Summer

Man, it's going fast!  I spent yesterday morning listening to Rick Wormeli, author of Fair Isn't Always Equal, give an informative and entertaining talk on grading.  I enjoyed it and agreed with much of what he said (Although it was really hard to sit that long after all summer off, a good reminder to have patience for the kids in a week or so!).

I've made a new welcome note to go with a First Day of First Grade gift bag.  In the past I have given a traditional one, and for the last few years have given the one found on Ms. Winston's site (she has so many great ideas!).  But...new theme, new bag, new note...


I got the gift bags from Wal-mart and the Super Kid Stickers from Office Max.  I found the pencils, erasers, and superhero silly bands at Target.  The Superman tattoos and bookmarks were free from the comic book store (Thank you, Krypton!  Free comic book day is the first Saturday in May!  Most comic book stores participate in this, so check one out in your area)!  Throw in some Spiderman fruit chews, and you've got yourself a SUPER welcome gift bag!

I decided not to get too scrunged up about a poem.  My kids tend not to read them, so I just made this:

With Thistlegirl's Superkidz graphics!

Click here to get my welcome note.
How do you welcome your students?


No comments: