Friday, August 3, 2012

6 Days of Summer

I will be spending all morning at a district workshop on grading and all afternoon at a union function.  Since I am on the exec board of our union, it's pretty much mandatory.  So here's a quick idea for a SUPER birthday...

Our school district does not allow students to bring birthday treats from home.  Instead we celebrate on our own by wearing special birthday crowns and stickers, singing the traditional birthday song as well as Dr. Jean's birthday song, and I usually give a little birthday bag.
To coordinate with my theme and save me a little time, I decided to do a take on this cute birthday gift idea I saw on Turnstall's Teaching Tidbits.  I made a "Have a Super Birthday" sign to add to giant Pixy Stix which I found at The Old Time Candy Company (they have tons of retro candy for a very reasonable price!).  I'm going to copy them on yellow paper, laminate, cut, and staple them to the tops.  I am so appreciative of all the teachers who share their great ideas.  I've gained so much from them! 
Get my Super Birthday sign here!

2 comments:

Miss Evans said...

It was good seeing you this morning at the grading meeting. The birthday idea is really cute. Thanks for sharing. Have a great year.

Rachael C said...

LOVE the new theme!! And LOVE your classroom decorations!! You are so creative!! And LOVE you!