Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New School Year, New Classroom!

School starts in just two weeks!  I can't believe how fast the summer has gone... and yet I have already been to school and have most of my classroom set up.  Of course it looks a lot different than those Super Kid classroom pics I've posted in the past!  Didn't think those would "fly" in 5th grade!  I loved it, but time to move on.  My classroom had to grow up!

So I started with Dots on Black from Creative Teaching Press.  It's very versatile for a 5th grade classroom with bright green cabinets!  Tones down all that green, but has lots of colors for me to pull out in other ways.  I have all of the borders, labels, desk plates, computer paper, everything!  I love their new chalkboard Inspire U posters.  Would LOVE to have those!  I haven't ordered them yet, but they are definitely on my wish list.  CTP has a lot of new stuff, I can see a lot of teachers wanting their new mustache line (I know students would get a kick out of that!). They are also having a HUGE giveaway, giving ten $200 classroom makeovers for Back-to-School.  And who doesn't love a makeover?

I must say, our room is looking pretty good!  I still need to tweak a few things, so I'll post pictures as soon as I make it over there again. Even though it was hard to give up the superhero theme (I did go to Comicon in June, after all!), I do love the new look.  Hope the kids love it as much as I do!

No comments: