Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Best Husband Ever

Why is my husband also my best friend?

Who else would go to school on a Saturday and hang up art with me?











Who else would hear that all of my life I wanted an old fashioned teacher's desk, schlep across town to get one I found on the internet, and then refinish it for me even though he had never refinished any piece of furniture before? 

Who else would go to Women of Rock at the Durham Museum with me just because they might have a Joan Jett exhibit?
They did!
 

July 2011
Who else would go with me every year for the last four years to see Joan Jett, wearing a JJ t-shirt and singing along with all of the songs?  Sitting through extreme heat or pouring rain?  Driving to other states for just one night?  No, he's not a huge fan, he just knows I am.
November 2012

 
November 2013


For the last two birthdays he has bought me JJ tickets, just because he knows I want to go (btw, her birthday is the day after mine).  Happy birthday to me!

Who else other than a best friend?  If I don't say it often enough... Thank you, Sammy.  Yep, I'm a lucky girl to have the best friend/husband ever!  And Joan... I'll be seeing you soon for "our" birthdays!



No comments: