Sunday, November 16, 2014

21 Days of Gratitude

This is the first time in three years that we will not be traveling to Cancun for Thanksgiving, and I'm feeling a little blue.  We got married there and then spent our first two anniversaries there.  It was not warm enough to swim very much last year when we went (we kept saying, "Can't complain, we're in Cancun!"), and I only get three days off for Thanksgiving.  This will be the first school year that we get a real spring break, so we opted to wait until it's good and hot (fingers crossed!) and I have a whole week to spend in paradise.  I know I am so fortunate to be able to do this every year, so no reason to be sad.  So, in honor of Thanksgiving, 21 days of gratitude and appreciation for the blessings I gratefully receive each day...

Day 1:
  • A warm, cozy house on a bitter cold day
  • The whole day to rest and, hopefully, recover from my cold (and not worrying about traveling to Cancun with a cold!)
  • Having my lesson plans for next week done and plans for the week of Thanksgiving almost done
  • Time to leisurely read the Sunday paper
  • My wonderful husband making omelets in the kitchen
(it's okay if I do more than three, right?)

Monday, Nov. 17
Day 2:
  • Patience (specifically when a student breaks a personal item)
  • Nyquil/Dayquil
  • Bixby (specifically, he is so excited when I come home.  It makes a very tough, long day so much better!)
Tuesday
Day 3
  • My Uggs, so warm and toasty!
  • My electric throw, also warm and toasty
  • Pibb Zero, so cold and refreshing!
Wednesday
Day 4
  • My teaching partners, we keep each other sane (or at least we go crazy together!)
  • The foresight to put up our outside Christmas decorations before the cold weather arrived (even though our neighbors thought we were crazy!  No worries, we don't turn on the lights till Thanksgiving!)
  • A full tank of gas, also gotten before the cold weather hit
                                      

No comments: